Digital Tibetan Resources
From Digital Tibetan
- TBRC - The Tibetan Buddhist Resource Centre. A huge digital library of digitized Tibetan pechas of all traditions of Tibetan buddhism. The library is made available to students and practitioners of Tibetan buddhsism free of charge.
- Example: dbu shog nang ma'i mtshan byang
- 84000.co - '84000: Translating the Words of the Buddha' is a nonprofit organization registered in the United States, under the fiscal umbrella of Khyentse Foundation (KF). This interim arrangement is in line with the collective request of the translators at the Translating the Words of the Buddha Conference. Its vision is to provide:
- Universal access to the Buddhist literary heritage translated into modern languages.
- Translation and widespread accessibility of all of the Kangyur and related volumes of the Tengyur.
- Translation and publication of a representative sample of the Kangyur and Tengyur, and establishment of the infrastructure and resources necessary to accomplish the long-term vision.
- dharmacloud.tsadra.org - Timeless Treasuries, a public and free repository of Tibetan Buddhist literature. In this site Tsadra Foundation invites you to explore and download free eBooks from the collections of selected works generously provided by prominent monastic publishers of the Tibetan Buddhist traditions.
dharma text databases and cross-correlation tools
- BCRD is a database of bibliographic information for both primary and secondary resources related to research on the Tibetan Buddhist canon with cross-correlations between root texts and commentaries (canonical and post-canonical). It provides not only citation information, but direct links to both image and full-text Tibetan, Sanskrit, and Chinese texts (TBRC & ACIP, GRETIL & U.Tokyo, and SAT/CBETA, respectively), as well as online secondary scholarly articles (JSTOR, J-STAGE, etc.).
dictionaries and translators
- DharmaDictionary.net - an online Tibetan dictionary and dharma glossary.
- THLIB online dictionaries.
- THLIB Tibetan to English online translator. mostly dharma subjects.
font and technical sites
- Chris Fynn's site - Chris Fynn developed the Tibetan Jomolhari which is currently the best freely-available Unicode font.
- Loklad - Information in Tibetan on Tibetan computing topics.
- SonamDawa.com - Information in Tibetan on Tibetan computing topics.
- ZeeTech - Information in Tibetan on Tibetan computing topics.
- Tibetan and Himalyan Library (THLIB) - "websites, information services, and networking facilities relating to the Tibetan plateau and southern Himalayan regions. THL promotes the integration of knowledge and community across the divides of academic disciplines, the historical and the contemporary, the religious and the secular, the global and the local."
- Tibetan Wikipedia
- UDP - The Unicode Document Processor, with an interface to PechaMaker. See: How to convert different legacy formats of Tibetan texts into standard Unicode Tibetan